Sulo H. Wainio
- Rank: Cadet E-5
- Enlisted 19 March 1982; Separation 9 August 1984
- Rank: Captain O3
- Active Duty 30 September 1984; Separation 1 August 1993
- Military specialty: Armor Officer; General, Abrams M1-M1A1, M60A1-A3, and M48 Series, NBC Officer.
- Battles and Campaigns: Southwest Asia (Desert Storm)
- Decorations and Citations: Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal 1st OLC, National Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, Southwest Asia Service Medal with three (3) Bronze Stars, Kuwaiti Liberation Medal.
- Positions Held: Tank Platoon Leader; Headquarters Company Executive Officer; Squadron Supply Officer: Tank Company Commander; Armor Division, Deputy Operations Officer; Armor Division, G3 Operations Officer, Desert Storm; Logistics Officer, Armor Planner; Headquarters Company Commander.