Leonard J. (Lendy) Hines Sr.
- SP5 (T) E-5 Medical Corpsman, Walter Reed Hospital, Washington, DC
- February 16, 1968 – February 13, 1970
- Army Reserve 1970 – 1974
- Vietnam War
- Honorable Discharge, National Defense Service Medal; Sharpshooter Rifle M-14
Leonard was born in Tampa, Florida to Leroy and Annie Hines and raised in Chicago, IL. He attended Holy Angels Catholic Grade School and St. Rita Catholic High School in Chicago. He married Jane and together raised three children, Kimberly, George and Leonard J. Hines Jr. in Country Club Hills, IL.
Prior to his military service, Leonard served with the Chicago Police Department and later he served as an OR Tech at Rush Hospital (1972-1983) and Hospital Administrator with Grant, Northwestern and Cook County Hospitals in Chicago (1983-2007).
During his active and productive lifetime, Mr. Hines was a Country Club Hills Park District Board Member, Executive Director, Ward 2 Alderman and the Bremen Township Clerk.
He was also a member of many associations including:
– President of Operating Room Technologists, Chicago
– National Bladder Cancer Society
– American Urological Association
– Society for Ambulatory Care Professionals
– Associate member of Ambulatory and Operation Room Nurses Association
– National Association of Health Service Executives
– P.A.D.S. (Public Assistance to Deliver Shelter)
– St. Emeric’s Church member
– South Suburban Special Recreation Association Board Member
– Park District Risk Management Association Board Member
– Country Club Hills and Tinley Park Lions Club member
– Country Club Hills Youth Commission
– Country Club Hills Planning Board Commissioner
Born February 6, 1946; died January 26, 2019. Cremated.
See Brother LeRoy Hines.